Reporting A Possible Phishing from Mumbai, Maharashtra, by Using Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay’s Aadhaar No.

Reporting A Possible Phishing from Mumbai, Maharashtra, by Using Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay’s Aadhaar No.


Reporting A Possible Phishing from Mumbai, Maharashtra, by Using Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay’s Aadhaar No.

Posted on 2nd July, 2024 (GMT 07:33 hrs)

First of all, we think it is necessary to inform all the well-wishers of OBMA that our founder-member Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay was:

A) Accused for Defamation by Mr. Ajay Piramal’s Legal Firm DSK Legal for a sum of 100 crore rupees;

B) Accused for Contempt of Court by Mr. Piramal’s Legal Firm DSK Legal with 2000 rupees fine/prison and six months of jail. The same did not materialize as of yet;

C) The academia.edu page of Dr. Bandyopadhyay was disabled and restricted for a time period;

D) Now the mobile number of Dr. Bandyopadhyay is in the process of getting deactivated on the basis of a claimed FIR lodged in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The allegation is that a new number in his name with a new address has been used for illegal purposes in Mumbai in association with Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay’s Aadhaar Card.

The following letter was sent to that end to:

  1. Baranagar Police Station, Kolkata, West Bengal
  2. Tilaknagar Police Station, Mumbai, Maharashtra
  3. The Director General of Police, Maharashtra
  4. Vodafone India Customer Care

#####

Dear All, 

I am simultaneously going to submit the following to the Baranagar Police Station, Kolkata, West Bengal, as a police report for reporting a possible phishing affair from Mumbai, Maharashtra, by Using my Aadhaar No. for the necessary action on their part.

To

The Officer in Charge

Baranagar Police Station

47, Barrackpore Trunk Rd, Baranagar,

West Bengal 700090, India

Sub: Reporting Possible Phishing from Mumbai, Maharashtra by Using my Aadhaar No.

Sir/Madam,

This is to inform you that I have got a phone call from (supposedly) Vodafone Care in my Registered Mobile No. +91********707 on 02/07/2024 at 11:26 am (IST) from cell no. 9563966952, wherein the caller reported his name to be Mr. Vijay Kumar Sharma from the Telecom Authority of India with the claimed ID No. PD143222 (as far as I heard on the phone call).

In the phone call, it was reported that my mobile number will be deactivated within two hours as I have used another phone number (8945326755) in his name is used for illegal purposes of alleged “Aadhaar card misuse and registration of phone number”. They also reported that an FIR was lodged in his name by 15+ people of Mumbai, Maharashtra, at Tilaknagar Police Station. The details of which are given below:

Claimed FIR No: 1045/06244

The place from where the phone number is being claimed to be used: Shop No. 10, Krushal Tower, Tilaknagar, Mumbai- 400089.

Claimed Date of Purchase of the Phone No: 20/06/2024

The curious thing to note about the above address is that upon a Google search, this address appears to be belonging to an Airtel Store in Mumbai. In no way I am connected to this address.

Given the above, the caller told me to lodge a report with the nearest police station with immediate effect, or else, my mobile number will be deactivated.

In this context, kindly note that I solemnly declare the following:

1.       I personally visited Mumbai for the last time in 2014. I have no explicit or implicit connection with the place.

2.       I have always permanently stayed in Kolkata as my hometown except for attending seminars/conferences/workshops from time to time for my professional engagements. My residential address is: Anekanta, *****************, XXXXXXX, Kolkata- 700036.

3.       +************707 is my official mobile number for my Aadhaar Card, PAN card, Voter ID, Passport and Ration Card.

4.       The said address in Mumbai is not all my address. The question is, how can one use my Aadhaar card (No. ****-****-3359; where my Kolkata’s residential address is clearly inscribed) for and from a Mumbai address?

This type of possible phishing by a presumed group of people from Mumbai for harassing a citizen of the Indian republic is to be condemned.

I hope necessary action will be taken in this regard and the harassment that I am currently facing shall be stopped with immediate effect.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Debaprasad Bandyopadhyay

COPY TO: 

1. The Director General of Police, Maharashtra, India 

2. The Officer In Charge, Tilaknagar Police Station, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

A GD was filed on 02/07/2024 based on the above report in Baranagar Police Station:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

None Kept One’s Words: Modiji’s Promises

How Do We Have So Little in Our Pockets Given That The Few Have So Much Money?

Incommensurability Amidst PMLA and IBC in the Context of the DHFL Scam